Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - 3/1/2010

Hi, Everyone!

So, 'tis the third day of the year, and to celebrate this momentous occasion, I have been attempting to do some work. The question I have been attempting to tackle is about the metrical devices used in a poem called "Never Again Would Birds' Song Be The Same" by Robert Frost, and another called "Waking with Russell" by a poet called Don Paterson. They are both fiercely beautiful poems, but nothing is really inspiring me about the poets' metrical choices, and so I have been getting more and more frustrated as the day has gone on.
My New Year's Resolutions are mainly to do with work, and healthy eating. Very standard. Today, I ate pasta for breakfast, because there was nothing else in the house. But I suppose, at least it was vaguely healthy.
Having been inside for the whole day, the boy and I decided to go for a play in the frozen puddles. We took my camera with us and he took some arty farty shots of me looking into the distance and pushing my fringe back and so on. You know, the usual stuff.
Anyway, here is one of the ensuing photographic mementos. I am wearing a dress from Cult that was reduced from £65 to £10, a pair of biker boots which after having looked at these photos, I may wear less often..., a green neckerchief from a vintage shop in brighton, and a plain black long sleeved thermal top. Oh and black tights. Price of entire outfit is probably in the £20 region, not including the boots which I am now taking a rapid dislike to!
Today hasn't been a very happy day, but the walk cheered me up muchos! Fresh air is key, methinks. I will leave you with another cheeky photo, of the sunset through a shard of puddle-ice.
Love, Candy. x

10 comments:

  1. Look at you being all Ray Mears and taking it outside. :D I lovvvvve your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I held onto life by the skin of my teeth using the survival skills I had learned from the master. I am glad that I now know how to skin a deer and use it as an umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos Candy, and I love that dress! Good luck with the metrical devices.
    George

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duuude, you're looking beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just revived my blog so I could comment on this. So fabulous ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeee, thankyou guys! You have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that last photo. And your dress. And your scarf. And your hair. So you pretty much win everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the scarf especially, it jumps out at you like a rabid squirrel.

    ReplyDelete