Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On the 26th Day of Mooky...

Hello Fellow Mooksters!

Today has been one of those funny sort of days, where nothing quite goes to plan! Hence the lateness of my post this evening. I couldn't get out of bed this morning, and I needed to be dragged out by Dan for my Ten "Oh" Clock lecture on Shakespearean Tragedy.

So, here is today's look.
These photos are taken in Dan's college, because it is prettier than mine! I was kind of going for the 'intellectual Cantabridgian' look, but I ended up looking more like an evacuee. But I'm cool with that. Evacuee is fine by me. My blouse is vintage, and it only has one button, at the top. I have never got around to sewing more buttons on, because I always wear it underneath stuff like that tank top. The tank top is old, from Primark aaaaages ago. My skirt is vintage, from a shop in Brighton called Beyond Retro. If any of you ever visit Brighton, I cannot recommend that shop enough! It is really affordable. My floral tights are an H&M beaut that I haven't worn since the summer when someone told me they made me look like a leper... My shoes are the old favourite brown brogues from Topshop. I may have to invest in a new pair though, because these have been re-soled once before and are starting to wear out for good now, methinks.
Ah, so here is a hideous close-up of my ginger bespectacled mug. Yes, I know it looks like I have no neck in this picture. It was bloody freezing outside today and a coat wasn't part of my proposed 'look'. If I had ever had nuts, they would have frozen off today. May I also draw your attention to the list of names to my left. Yes, Professor Hawking. Yes, THAT one!!!! How exciting! There was another picture of me looking extremely excited about this fact, but Dan thought it might look like I was trying to impersonate Prof Hawking, and that people might get offended.... Hmm... I don't know what to think about that comment.
I hope everyone had a lovely day, or at least a better day than I had!! I have really enjoyed reading all of the other posts, and I think that this is shaping up to be a fantastic project. It excites me muchly. Maybe we will all be internet celebrities, this time next year! xx

1 comment:

  1. Candy dear, your style is wonderful. I'm most certainly a fangirl!
    I'm so glad I can finally see your brogues, they're lovely and I hope you find new ones soon - I bought a pair of black brogues last week and I couldn't live without them so I quite understand what Broguelove means. :D

    By the way, Beyond Retro in Brighton is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete