Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Eifersüchtig sein/auf jmdn. eifersüchtig sein [day 27]

Hallo, darlings!

Yes, I've been studying German today because I have an exam coming up in about three weeks and I thought I'd start early (for a change). To satiate your curiosity, eifersüchtig sein means "to be jealous" and it's part of a really funny text about an episode of something like the German version of Midsomer Murders. A chap gets killed and people think the motive for murder was jealousy but inspector Whatshisname knows it's not as simple as that.


Hey ho, my outfit today. I'm wearing a black long-sleeved cotton dress I got from a distant cousin (distant as in "a billion times removed"). The pullover is a lovely woolen thing that belonged to my grandfather, it's wonderfully warm and just perfect for cold days like today. I don't remember where I bought my spiderweb tights but I love them. Underneath, I'm wearing two layers of sheer white-ish tights, otherwise I'd freeze to death - "die Leiche, (plural die Leichen)" means "corpse" in German, by the way. That's what inspector Whatshisname finds.

The fingerless gloves used to be ordinary black gloves back in the good old times but then they started to rip at the top and I just turned them into fingerless lovelies. The other day our heating system broke and I wore these gloves when I practised the piano. I felt so ridiculously bohemian, like a starving pianist, living in the attic.... Ehhh.

I'm also wearing a black scarf that was given to me by my grandmother, a pearl necklace that belonged to my great-grandmother and I'm holding a huge badass "Look, I'm so studious!" German dictionary. When I went out, I actually put on my trusty knee-high boots but I think this outfit looks spiffing with high heels so I'm wearing them on the photo. They're my mum's and I don't know where they're from.
Here's a photo of my "Gesicht" after a German study session. I think I look like I really, really need a hug. I put my hair up in a curious messy bun and you can see my geeky glasses that I wear for reading. Today's song is Terror Couple Kill Colonel by Bauhaus because it happened "in his West German hoooooommmme". Yeah.

Ach so, there it is. Have a lovely Wednesday evening!

Pip pip
Linnet
x

6 comments:

  1. Spiggy, I love you and your clothes and your vast knowledge of german.

    Happy wednesday to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this were Facebook I'd 'like' your psot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos on the German, the ace sweater and the lovely lovely tights :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to kiss the screen. The RayBan glasses ain't helping my attraction. I am confused. Are you my boyfriend?

    You look fab. )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look spiggy! You are more popular than me! See all of the comments!


    *tries desperately not to feel jealous*

    ReplyDelete