Monday, January 4, 2010

I don't care if Monday's blue... [Day 4]

Hullo, my darlings!

I'm not a big fan of Mondays, I never was. There is something dreadful about being torn out of sleep by a loud alarm clock. It's positively atrocious. However, this Monday is going quite well for me. I went shopping after school and bought a ridiculous amount of black tulle for a skirt I'm sewing and some shiny ribbons for my hair.


Today's theme song is "Cold Days From the Birdhouse" by Twilight Sad. Because today is a cold day indeed and sixth form is a birdhouse. In a way. Oh, and do check out that band.


My photo is black and white because I'm old-fashioned, and I'm wearing sunglasses because I'm vain and anonymous. The outfit was huddled together when it was devastatingly dark outside and I was half asleep. It all looked a bit boring so I thought "Righty-ho, let's add lacy gloves to make it interesting."

I believe almost everything you see is from H&M, except the thick black tights (Topshop), the jewellery and the belt (second hand from Oxfam but suspiciously H&M-ish). Also, I'm wearing black DM boots but you can't see them in the photo.


As for the jewellery, the dice necklace was given to me by my grandmother for my 15th birthday. I don't wear it often because it's quite heavy but I do treasure it. The tiny silver thing around my neck is my Mjöllnir pendant. I bought it in Sweden and I wear it every day. It means a lot to me as it symbolises my love for Norse mythology and reminds me of many wonderful memories. I added another tiny photo because it shows the fake flower in my hair.



That would be all for today. I hope you're all having a spiffing first Monday of 2010.

Toodles,
Linnet x

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Spiggy, you make mondays cool!
    I especially like the sunnies, aviator frames are always nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! I love your outfit so much. You are a god with layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Candy, my layering looks like someone threw up a wardrobe- yours looks laavley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cardi-and-belt combo, it makes for a nice silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you look awesome ^_^ Everyone's right about your skill with layering, and I am most envious.

    ReplyDelete