Sunday, January 24, 2010

El Viente y Cuatro: SnowBall



Last night was my school's annual big winter dance/ball thingy, so I'm not going to post a picture of me looking all minging in my jimjams from today, but some from last night.

I wore a dark grey ish All Saints dress that my mum gave me for my birthday last summer. I absoloutely love it, and have only worn it twice: for Snowball and the night out before my birthday when I went out for a Chinese. I like the dress because it's quite short (I'm not so much into long skirts...call me immodest.) It's kind of checky if you look at it really close, and it's ruched which is a very All Saints type style. It also has a big zip on the back, which I think is really cool and edgy. The bodice of the dress is really pretty, too.

With my dress I wore some TUK shoes that I got in Hot Topic for $30, then found them on sale for $15 about a month later. D'oh! Anyway, they are lovely, and not too high. I ended up taking them off anyway, because to be honest any heels are difficult to dance in. At the end of the night I couldn't find my shoes where I put them and I was thinking "oh crap, someone's nicked my shoes!" My Spanish teacher was chaperoning the dance and thought my "zapatos con craneos" were funny. Which I thought was funny. By the way my ankles aren't that weird in real life.


Then I curled my hair, which took ages as I kind of had to do it in layers because my hair is naturally poker straight, and it kept falling out. So that was a bit annoying. I topped it up at my friend's house when we got ready, and had to have her mum help me with the back, which was quite funny because when she was curling it she found all the pink underneath and was like "wow!" Then I have a black rose in my hair that my granny got me for Christmas from Accessorize. Recently I've been wearing a slower or a bow in my hair a lot recently, and most of the time it's on my left side which is really weird and subconscious. Oh, and I curled my fringe because I wanted it to look sort of Bettie Page ish. I cut it beforehand and it's not completely even, I kind of fail at cutting hair. Here it is. Ignore the boobage...


As for makeup I did what I usually do, liner, then liquid liner over the top because I really wanted my eyes to look all glam. Then my MAC blush and mascara, and my Chili lipstick! I was thankful my acne wasn't too bad because I didn't have to use coverup. Yay!

I've been waiting for photos to come on Facebook all day, but so far all I've found are some group shots and one of me staggering across my friend's living room floor. I can come back and put some on later when my friend's go up, as I think she got some good shots of me where I don't look drunk haha.

And now for a terrible quality mobile phone photo...


As my granny would say, I shall love you and leave you xx
~Immy

3 comments: