Thursday, January 21, 2010

Twenty-one: That's two more than nineteen...















Heather (Calliope) Reporting for duty! First on the agenda! What I am wearing: a loose silk peasant dress with an interesting paint-inspired graphic (Thrifted. It has no tag or label of any kind and is one of my favorites), a purple cotton sweater from the Wal-Mart clearance rack, and white leather peeptoe summer flats from Kohl's. My jewelry pieces are my coyote totem necklace, a beaded Sioux necklace that belonged to my great-grandmother, an adventurine cocktail ring with a lotus motif, a small silver thumb ring from India, and a big oval-shaped turquoise ring on a silver setting (I know my biological mother bought it somewhere out west when she and my dad lived on the road). I don't think my rings are very visible, but I was wearing them. Oh! I am also wearing a silver and turquoise bangle that I bought in Mexico. I never take it off.
My camera wouldn't hold a charge for whatever reason, so I had to opt for Mac Photobooth (as you can see my Macbook Pro perched atop my head). Sorry the photo quality is crap. Spur of the moment and all... I actually have a plethora of photographer friends, but they don't wake up half as I early as I do. I'm lacking in adequate sleep as I stayed out late with a friend at the $1 movies (we saw Avatar. It was pretty). It was also my first experience taking one of the Troy University shuttles. Cool as the movie was, the shuttle ride was the best part. We had the whole shuttle to ourselves and told stories about our homes and our travels... and about the kinds of snakes we have found in our houses... I'm from the outskirts of Birmingham (The 'Ham) Alabama. He is from Thailand. One of the most interesting and beautiful people I have ever met, by far :)
Well, I do believe that is is time for a sandwich! I only had one class today- Music tech at 8:30 am. The rest of them are cancelled due to a music educator's conference that our profs are headed to... But there is an ethnomusicological seminar and guest performance going on later that I will definitely be attending. Well mooks, looks like it's time for the PAC: V-I ! 

1 comment: