Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wedding Fun!



Today it was my cousin, Ceri's wedding so I'm wearing a dress, stole, fascinator from Debenhams and shoes from Next Directory. Gavin is wearing a suit from M&S and a tie from Next. It was a beautiful day and we drove from Wales to Sussex on Friday night and stayed in my uncles big posh house. The ceremony was beautiful despite the lack of guests; my cousin and now husband have family and friends who live abroad and the volcano stopped them from arriving.
It was a civil ceremony and I had to do a reading by W.H. Auden called 'O Tell me the truth about love' which is really long and I managed to cock it up a few times (I don't think anyone noticed). After the ceremony we had Buzz Fizz and photos outside the venue (a beautiful manor house) and the chance to mingle with everyone. We got spoken to loads as our side of the family is very small and everyone commented on how pretty I looked :D.
The food was amazing, pea soup to start, cheese tart for main and chocolate torte for desert. Gavin is really fussy so it was good of him to try the soup and he even had an espresso! (He hates coffee...) The speeches were said and I gave a blessing in Welsh for the couple followed by my Uncle giving an hour long speech about Ceri's journey through life. It was very touching but after 45 minutes, we were all getting restless.
The happy couple cut the cake and we all went dancing and took full advantage of the free bar. It was a wonderful night and at the end, I caught the bouquet! I was so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment