Friday, April 2, 2010

Fabulous Fill In

Hello there, magnificent mooky mamas! Antonym here, filling in one of the missing days at the request of our beloved overlord, Candy.
Apologies straight away for the dreadful picture quality, my camera is basically made of shit. I look like a rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming truck...

This is last night's outfit, which I must admit felt a little over the top for slobbing out in my boyfriend's bedroom, drinking Heineken and watching Scary Movie 3. Yes, my boyfriend is so cool that he has a massive cardboard Spock cutout in his room. He also has a Jason Voorhees one opposite his bed, which was rather unnerving the first few times I slept there.

My cardigan is from Primark (of course), it's one of my favourites but it's getting to that point that all Primark clothes get to, where they start to deteriorate shape/quality-wise. I'm gutted, but it's probably my fault for putting it through the tumbledrier too much. The black top underneath is a basic black vest with 'Victoria, Canada' written on it. My auntie brought it back for me after visiting... gasp... guess where... Canada. My skirt is a fairly new addition to my wardrobe, it's zebra print and high waisted and more than a little bit fabulous. I bought it in Peacocks for about 4 quid, I also got the same skirt in a red and black houndstooth pattern for the same price. My boyfriend loves the red one, because, and I quote "It looks like something my mum would have worn when she was younger". Erm... hi Oedipus. On the subject of mums, my tights are silver and black and sparkly, and they were MY mothers when she was young. She is the oldest of four sisters, and one Christmas in the 80s they all bought matching sparkly tights to wear for a family photo. I found them in the dressing up box in the mid 90s, and 'liberated' them for everyday wear.

As this is an Alternachick post, I am of COURSE wearing my Docs. I love them with all my heart, they have 14 holes and were, to be quite frank, the best thing I ever got out of an old relationship, along with my iPod. Warm memories of the ex? No, but warm feet inside my nice clunky Docs. Whenever I see a spider in my house, I run and put them on, just in case it comes near me and I need to stomp it. ...I am not a big fan of the spidies.

Well, on that charming note of arachnid-cruelty, I must love you and leave you - I'm off to Camden a bit later for the first gig of the band my boy plays bass in, and I have no idea what to wear. If any mooky ladies are in the area, it's at the Enterprise near Chalk Farm tube station, they're called Eran's Burning Love Band and they're playing at about ten. Come and say hello to me, I will be drowning in a sea of his friends and family and a friendly face (or screen name, hah!) would be much appreciated ;)

Super amounts of love,
Rowan x

No comments:

Post a Comment