Saturday, April 17, 2010

when the sun rose again

Ciao bellone ('Hello, eye candies'. No, it does not translate well.) This is another fill-post from me, aka Aenigma, as I was gently instructed to by our lovely Candy, and I don't dare cross her ^_^


Today the sun has been shining but it's very clear and cold where I am, so I've been a bit indecisive about clothing. I've actually spent most of the day in a cardigan, but this is the basis of my outfit.


*I'm wearing a lovely white t-shirt from Cambridge market that has owls on it. I saw it and kind of fell in love. It helps that the brand inside the neck is 'Melon Vodka'. That made me even happier, although I'm sure that particular cocktail would be disgusting.


* The skirt was one I found in a sale from New Look, and I'm pretty sure Frank has a matching top. It's patterned with roses in grey and black, and I like it a lot.


* The leggings are basic black ones, but through various accidents they became ridiculously holey, thus I added a few more with nail scissors and now pretend they were always like this.


* The boots aren't very visible in the picture, but I bought them in Camden during the Mooky meetup. The dress Candy's wearing in her post is from the same stall that I bought these boots from, and I'm very grateful for everyone for putting up with me being indecisive for a while about them. They're lovely and comfy and adorable, but I remember conveniently 'losing' the shoebox in a Camden pub whilst we were playing Scrabble to avoid having to lug it back to Cambridge. Oops...

I apologise for the crap quality of photo, but both my camera and phone are a bit shit at taking photos when the flash is off, and if it's on all you'll see of me is blinding white light that looks like a small nuclear explosion. And I wouldn't want you all to think I'm made of uranium, because that would just be silly, and I don't want to be carcinogenic, thank you.


I've had time to do this because I've got another week before I go back to uni, but I have about 250 more lines of Greek to translate and another 2,000 words of essay to write before then. Antigone is a great play, and I love it, but it's doing my head in. I'm therefore listening to a lot of Mark Lanegan and Alice in Chains to get me through it all, but I've discovered that different work has different music to go with it. Incubus and Brand New works for Latin, especially Seneca, but Odyssey IX and other my other Greek work requires AiC and other lovely grungey goodness. For my Greek Tragedy essay I need Mark Lanegan and Placebo, for some reason. You can tell by my scientific analysis that I'm desperate to procrastinate...or as we have termed it at uni 'OMNOMNOMturbation'. Basically, it's eating/cooking to avoid working. I'm sure all students succomb to this at some point or another... ^_^


~ Aenigma [Claire] x

2 comments:

  1. YOUR T-SHIRT IS AMAZING :D And what nice boots you have! Teehee. Claire is a prettyface :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from you, the queen of amazing t-shirts and owner of a very prettyface herself, this is a real compliment ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete