Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April showers bring May flowers

Hello, my beautiful Mooksters! The weather has fooled me today. When I woke up it was all sunny and beautiful outside, and I went to my Old English lecture in a t-shirt and thin jacket. When I left my lecture it had become all cloudy and grim, and now the house is cold and so am I. Booo :(

I will confess that this is an outfit from a couple of days ago, because I was wearing nice clothes and today's are not so nice. I have, however, redyed my hair since these photos, so it's now super-bright and not such a Fruit Salad-y colour with massive roots. About time!

So, that day I was wearing:

* A shiny shiny skirt I bought in Camden at the Mooky meet. It clashes delightfully with my hair and looks like it is made of curtains. I approve.
* An Alice in Wonderland t-shirt from Urban Outfitters. I love the book's original illustrations [I have a poster on my door from the British Library of Lewis Carroll's original manuscript, with his own illustrations in, and it's rather lovely] and in general I thought it was a rather fit t-shirt.
* Black leggings from H&M, as ever.
* My gorgeous new boots, also from Urban Outfitters [I went a little bit too wild on their website]. I am super happy with these, because they should have been £150, but they were in the sale for £60, and amazingly they had them in my size [which NEVER happens]. They are super comfy and I've worn them every day since I got them.

I was also wearing a black cardi that day, and the same necklace as usual. How predictable.

Whilst I was at home I also got to try on the dress I'll be wearing in July when I'll be a bridesmaid at my brother's wedding. I've never been to a wedding before, and I'm quite happy that his will be the first one. I was a little bit worried about the dresses, because my future sister-in-law and I have very different tastes in things, and she did say that she might want me to dye my hair depending on the dresses she found, but luckily they are GORGEOUS and she said my hair would be fine :) Here's the top of the dress; I'm not sure I've ever owned anything so glam. However, the shoes she's picked out are terrifying: they have heels, and they are HIGH. And there's a spiral staircase to walk down. Now is the time to start practising!

Over and out :)

Annis xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you dress, and the colour of that dress looks amazing next to your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt - you must have been surrounded by incredible people to buy that ^_^ I also adore the t-shirt, and have vowed to make a pilgrimage to Urban Outfitters next time I'm in Brum. In short, you look as gorgeous as ever, and I'm as envious and admiring as ever x

    ReplyDelete