Monday, March 1, 2010

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Dedwydd! Happy St David's Day!!



Dydd Gwyl Dewi Dedwydd! Happy St David's Day
:D St David is the patron saint of Wales and he died on the 1st of March. David was a saint because he done something Christian and was therefore awesome. To celebrate, I dressed in National Costume. Normally this would be cool but as I was in England for the entire day I got some weird looks and got shouted "TAFFYY" at quite a few times.
I am wearing my own black skirt from New Look and My Dr Martens. The Apron, Shawl, open fronted bedgown belong to me and I've had it since I was about 6 as we dressed up in the national dress every year to have our picture taken for the newspaper. The Male Costume is just to look like a miner, way easier!
My house-mates came to the pub with me and we met up with a few fellow Welshies to celebrate out saint day. I bought myself a bunch of daffodils to have in my room and a leek to feel more Welsh. We also made cawl, which is a special stew made of meat and veg, and it tasted lluush!
Apart from galavanting about the place like a Welsh Day, I went to Bristol (in normal clothes) and done lush training. Did you know that in 98% of makeup there's this thing called Mineral Oil in it and it's basically petrol in a way. And it doesn't let your skin breathe allowing nothing in to your skin but also nothing out, clogging up your pores. It also helps worsen spots. The worst thing is that this stuff is in Johnson & Johnson baby lotion, you're putting petrol on your baby!! Crazy huh? I was really shocked. So please look at ingredients mookys! :D
I'm now of to tell the Bath lush team about the crazy mineral oil.
Love and cwtches to you all!!
xxxx


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'll have to dig out a picture of me in my welsh costume. I've got a proper authentic one since I do folk dancing and such. YAY FOR WELSHNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Welsh costume in a photo before, I feel like I've learned something! I heard about the mineral oil thing a while ago, I haven't used Vaseline since I found out it was so bad.

    ReplyDelete