Saturday, March 20, 2010

Where the devil has March gone?

Hello, my beauties! Today feels like it should be a Sunday. It's grey and drizzly and grim outside, and all my housemates are hungover and staggering around the kitchen like zombies, apparently incapable even of making toast. I've run out of milk, have a horrible headache and can't concentrate on anything for more than five minutes at a time. It's one of those days. As a result, today's clothes are somewhat lacking in awesome, so I thought I'd post a picture of what I was wearing yesterday, instead. Not much more awesome, but it's better than the cow-print jimjams I'm currently clad in [the postman likes them, FYI].

Yesterday's outfit ran as follows:

* The same black skirt I've worn at least once before on this blog, which shall henceforth be known as the 'Spiggy skirt' as she has the same one [and looks gorgeous in it, might I add].
* The bizarre 'Japanese heat technology' top from Uniqlo that I got from my mum for Christmas. I've no idea whether its apparently wondrous design does anything for my temperature, but it's a nice colour and goes with most of the other things I wear. Can't complain.
* Some delightfully generic black leggings, which I later had a coffee disaster on and had to change. Boooo.
* My lovely new Converse, bought from Amazon because I hate shoe shopping and can never find anything nice when I go into town. They're grey with black and purple patterns, and I wear them all the time.
* Bling-wise: a necklace of big black beads from Matalan, and a black flower slide from Claire's Accessories. I think I love Claire's a little too much, considering the stock is generally aimed at twelve-year-old girls and the things I like the most seem to be the ones from the 'young Claire's' section. I'm cool, honest.


Not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. My housemates are all gradually drifting off home over the course of the weekend [apart from one, who is hitchhiking to Budapest...as you do...], and my boyfriend's in Birmingham being trained for his new job. Slightly perturbed by this, as they asked him to get rid of his beard before he started, and he apparently did so last night. It's going to take a while to get used to him with a naked chin :( But yes, the housemates are vanishing and I'm going to be in Sheffield for another week or so on my own [to use the library and see The Joy Formidable] so it's going to be very quiet and strange. Perhaps the mice will keep me company.

On that slightly bizarre note, I'm going to go on a quest for milk, and might even go wild and get some crumpets too. Marmitey crumpets = greatest joy in life.

2 comments: