Sunday, March 14, 2010

The 14th, dun dun dunnn. Because I can't think of a better title.


Bonjour, fair ladies!

I deserted you on my last day (Bev did a wonderful, wonderful replacement though!) but now, like the Victorian spinster I am, I'm sticking to my duty. Magnifique. I spent this Sunday at my grandmother's. It was ridiculously sunny and I bet my face will be completely utterly freckled by tomorrow. Not that I mind freckles, I love them, I'm just a bit bored with all the Pippi Longstocking comments I've been getting ever since I was three years old.

I took today's photo in my room so you can see my charming boudoir. Excuse me for the terrible expression on my face, I hope it's not too haunting. Ehh. Anyway, my outfit. I'm wearing a stripey black/grey shirt that I bought god-knows-where about two years ago. It's one of my favourite shirts because I can wear it with jeans and make it look grungey and I can tuck it in skirts and pretend it's the girliest shirt ever. The skirt is from H&M (I believe Annis has an identical one) and the belt is from, uh, New Yorker, I think. I used to wear it with baggy jeans during my skater phase in my early teens but now I prefer wearing it with high waisted skirts. I'm also wearing black leggings from Topshop because all my over the knee socks are in the laundry today. Bother.

I couldn't squeeze my shoes in the photo so I snapped another pic of my legs because the shoes I'm wearing are my third favourite pair of shoes after my boots and my brogues. Yes, I have an entire shoe hierarchy figured out. You'll have noticed that I'm wearing one black and one grey sock. That's the result of my being a villain. For some reason, I enjoy making little "mistakes" like wearing two different socks and smiling when people notice. It's odd, I know, but it makes life more interesting.


As you can't really see the jewellery I'm wearing in the first photo, here's a closeup. I'm wearing one of my Mjöllnir pendants, black beads and a charm necklace that I made by using charms from myvintagecharms.com. There's a teapot, a cameo and a kite. Yaaay! Just like Candy, I need comments to validate my existence. Yes.

Over and out,
Spiggy

5 comments:

  1. Oh Spiggy! I love your room! And you are more Victorian every time I look at you. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovelovelove your outfit, skirt twin :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HANON! <3 <3 <3
    errr I love your outfit too, your validated existence is perfectly posed and vintagey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the flowers in your room!

    ...and you are so soft-looking, just like a porcelain doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my style icon, basically...

    ReplyDelete