Sunday, March 28, 2010

an aenigmatic apparition [fill-in post]

Ciao peeps. As we're a few posts short, our lovely Candy has kindly allowed me to be a kind of guest-contributor. After seeing my taste in clothing however, you may want to change the password...

Please ignore the mess in this picture. I've just come back from uni for Easter: however, I came back via Athens, which was a right laugh but it means that I'm still a little time-zone confused. I went from GMT to GMT+2 to BST. No, I don't know what's going on either. The short and short of it is I haven't unpacked, so excuse the chaos.

I'm wearing what's known as my Courtney Love dress, in that it's white and lacy and because I'm wearing it, usually filthy and grungey. Amazingly, it's from New Look, and I was not expecting to find something like this there, especially not for £20. To make it a little less girly (my boy-thing described it earlier as 'designed for girls - not people like you'. Charming, I know) I'm wearing it with black leggings and a black t-shirt. I don't think you can see, but it's a very geeky shirt - it has a picture of the Phaistos disk on it. I bought it in the Archaeological Museum in Athens (yes, I am somewhat obsessed with my recent holiday, why do you ask?) and my best friend wouldn't stop teasing me about what a nerd I am. He then bought a t-shirt with the entire Hippocratic Oath on it in Ancient Greek. You can guess what I did to him.

Speaking of Courtney Love, I'm going to see Hole in about 6 weeks with aforementioned-Ancient-Greek-t-shirt-wearing friend, so I may have to wear this then. Not the hat, though. You can't see it very well, but it's a sort of lacey trilby, and I kind of love it. Somewhat ridiculous, but kind of awesome. I'm also wearing my usual sortment of things around my wrists (leather cuff on one, leather thongs, gummy bracelets, studded bits of leather etc. round the other) and my usual copious quantities of eyeliner.

I have stunning amounts of work to do, but rather than write an essay on Antigone or translate Suetonius or read about Xenophon, I'm going to watch copious amounts of Oz (don't think Dorothy. Think brutal prison drama) and read Simone de Beauvoir. I'm going to see Does It Offend You, Yeah? in a couple of weeks, so I'm devotedly listening to their new album and tonight I plan to drink copious quantities of Jack Daniel's and watch the Wire. So between all that culture, there's no time really for anything else ^_^

Just to finish you off, here's a picture of the Parthenon:



~ Aenigma

2 comments:

  1. Claire is a beauttt :) I love your dress and your hat and your fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers my lovely ^_^ I'm just glad no-one's responded with 'You actually go out like this? Do people not turn to stone when they look at you?' XD

    ReplyDelete