Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feb 18th - A Strange Day...

HELLO children of the earth, and my sun babies and moon urchins... 'Tis Candiclaus here, although I like to hope you knew that anyway!

Today has been an essay day. I am wearing a giant jumper and a kilt. I would post a picture of today's outfit but my camera charger is elsewhere. For this reason, I am posting a picture of lastnight's outfit, which is way more glamorous!

My friend James took this photo and this is why I am posing like a motherbitch, and the photo isn't as beautifully crafted as they usually are. I am feeling fairly self conscious about this photo, what with the gown and stuff. Basically, lastnight was a huge, posh dinner to 'celebrate' our having completed half of our dregree courses. I sat opposite my director of studies who is also the college's senior tutor, which was fairly daunting. Anyway, for these events, gowns are compulsory. There were no gownless photos of me unfortunately, and I look like a bit of a prat. Ah well. My dress is from MookVintage in Cambridge. I am not even joking! There is a vintage shop in Cambridge called Mook Vintage!!! My shoes are also vintage, from Brighton. I am wearing a necklace with beautiful glass beads on it,which is technically my mum's, but I borrowed it once, and sort of adopted it. I had just had a haircut that day too, although it doesn't look that different in that picture. It is slightly shorter and much prettier, in my opinion. I am generally channelling a 1940s starlet look here. Did it work?
Another joyous thing to show you is my engagement ring! I got it the other day. Dan and I designed it ourselves and a jeweller made it for us. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it is difficult to make the camera focus on the shiny ring, and not on my freaky hand!! Anyway here is a pictureeeeeeeeeeeeee:
This makes me happy! I can't stop looking at it, and polishing it with the little cloth they gave me. Sorry, I am probably being all drippy and silly about it, but it is so sparkly and I am so in love. Urgh! (Just to clarify, I mean in love with Dan, although the ring IS lovely!)
I was meant to be having dinner with some friends tonight, but I had had a stressful and tiring day so Dan and I decided to have a quiet night in instead. We are about to watch something trashy like The Mentalist (if you haven't seen it, imagine if Derren Brown solved CRIME!) 'tis more than epic.
Well, I shall bid you farewell, and hand over to whoever is replacing Spiggy's day. I love you all, and I love this blog. Thankyou all so much for brightening up my days with your amazing fashion and wonderful words. Night night. x

4 comments:

  1. You are way too beautiful, girl. I'm stinkingly envious of this whole post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, you're so pretty. Your dress is so pretty. Your ring is so pretty. Your shoes are so pretty. Mon dieu! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy is pretty
    Candy is pretty
    Candy is pretty
    Candy is pretty
    Candy is pretty
    And the shiny is pretty too! I imagine it would sparkle a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, forgot to say, we must go wander around Mook Vintage if we see each other in Cambridge. Sound like a plan?

    ReplyDelete