Thursday, February 25, 2010

Donnerstag, den 25. Februar


Hello beauties! I hope everyone's well and happy. I've just finished uni for the week [I love the fact that I finish at 2pm on Thursdays...three-day weekend ftw!]: spent the night at the boy's and somehow dragged myself away for a Phonetics lecture where I understood nothing, but then made up for it by acing a Lexicology test :) I'm back at home now, rewarding myself with a cup of tea and a crumpet [with butter and Marmite, of course] before I have to make a start on the 65 lines of Old English translation due in for Tuesday...I do often get the sense that it takes over my life. In the meantime, though, I have a mix CD from the lovely Aenigma to keep me company...she put some wondrous things on it, and has reminded me exactly how much I like Idlewild and Massive Attack, plus giving me some massive nostalgia hits as well. Nom nom nom :)

It's absolutely freezing here today, so toasty clothes are most definitely the order of the day. Today's outfit consists of:

* a massively oversized blue knitted sweater from H&M. I think it's meant to be big anyway, but I bought a size large and it hangs off my shoulders. It's lovely and toast and I can wear [and am wearing] it as a dress.
* grey leggings, also from H&M [anyone sense a theme with my clothing purchases?]. Last week I had to bite the bullet and make a trip to Meadowhall [always unpleasant] to get clothes, because I managed to irrevocably rip two pairs of jeans in the bum [:(] and needed replacements. Ended up with a few too many things, including the sweater and these leggings. I was determined not to give into the leggings trend, but they're so bloody useful. And at least they're not jeggings...
* underneath the sweater is a purple [though it looks black] top my mother gave me for Christmas, which I think comes from Uniqlo and advertises itself as having 'Japanese heat technology' which will keep me warm or cool appropriately. I've noticed no difference whatsoever, but it's a very nice colour.
* thick woolly toasty socks, from Sockdreams.com [investigate if you haven't already, this is a wonderful website I tell you!].
* Long necklace, which my housemate gave me for my 19th birthday.

Plus I have silly plaits and a flower in my hair, as usual. I'm so bored of my hair and it's absolutely desperate for a cut, and I'm getting increasingly tempted to go for a massive chop. Maybe when I'm brave enough.

And now to take a deep breath and get on with translation. Love you all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment