Saturday, February 13, 2010

Whichever post number... January er- FEBRUARY 13th... yessah.





I know this is a bit of  a mess, but I'm one of the most haphazardous people around. The picture of me in the hat to the left and the picture directly above are what I wore for the better part of the day. The plaid jeans are from Target. The satin blouse with the floral/paint design is from Sears two years ago. This is my first time wearing it because they left the security tag on and I just recently had the brilliant idea of smashing the tag into oblivion with my dad's vice grip. The blouse was unharmed. The purple tee shirt underneath and the vintage black and yellow plumed hat are both from Goodwill. My scarf and fake DM's are from Wal-Mart. How classy of me... The pictures at the top were because I just felt like dressing up and experimenting. I have been playing guitar and songwriting a lot today, so I wanted to channel that, I suppose. I've been very influenced by Ani DiFranco lately... The nude/tulle negligee-looking dress is Rodarte for Target (I love that line and own almost all of it) I wore a red flamenco-esque dress tied as a skirt underneath and topped it off with a scarf that came from a little town called "Florala" (right on the border and seriously small-town) that I drove through once upon a moon to get to an orchestra concert down in Florida. My dorm was a mess when I took the hat picture. I cleaned a little and took a few more. Yesterday we had a huge snow day (very rare here... only snows about once every ten years), so I was tearing through all of my clothes and pulling on layer after layer. I spent the better half of yesterday tearing down a steep snowy/muddy incline on a plastic box lid. I've got news for you- it's intense stuff.
Tomorrow is that inescapable holiday (whatever that means) known as "Valentine's Day". I've never had a boyfriend or date or first kiss or any of that crap, so I'm always bitter and cynical enough... I'm half-hoping that maybe I'll be surprised by a certain sweet and creative Thai, but I'm not holding my breath. What happened to the good old days of my asexuality? That sure would be convenient right about now. Sorry to dump all this into the blog, but sometimes it just doesn't all fit into the "song lyrics" box. We've all got problems, yessah? Well, as of yesterday, I finally know what it's like to have a man wrap his arms around you from behind. Indescribable. Especially while standing at the edge of a roughly 200' almost vertical drop in the freezing cold while he threatens to jump and take you with him. Until next time, all the good numbers and truck 'em up easy! - Calliope 

5 comments:

  1. Also, just thought I'd say, I took these with my Mac. I am not really playing my guitar McCartney style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style! And your room. Perfect cluttered-musical chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ Totally agree. Both you and your room look wonderful :) And I love you more than ever for bringing up Ani DiFranco x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop being so damn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is amazing. And so are you!!! WHY AM I NOT YOU?!??

    ReplyDelete