Monday, June 21, 2010

longest day

Mooksters, I am ecstatic for I don't have to revise any more! After weeks of panic-cramming I'm finally free to do as I please...which at the moment is sitting in a boiling computer lab from nine til five every day, listening to recordings of four people having a conversation and transcribing exactly what each individual is saying. Four people and four hours of conversation...sixteen hours' worth of conversation to transcribe, and it takes longer than you might think: I was working flat out all day today and managed to transcribe half an hour's worth of speech 'Long tings', as my friend Herb would put it. It has its perks, though: on Tuesday last week I gave a presentation to a load of academics and was rewarded with lunch at a noodle bar paid for by the university. I could have a worse job :)

Luckily I'm allowed to wear just about whatever I want to work [though boiling as it is I don't think I'll dare wear shortshorts into the office, much as I'd like to!], so today's outfit consists of:

* Polka-dotted skirt/culottes from Ark. I lusted after this for AGES but it was expensive, so in the end I bought it and refused to let myself wear it until I'd done my exams. It was a good incentive! It hangs in lovely folds and looks like a skirt, but...LOOK! IT HAS LEGS! [me AND the skulottes]. Oh myyyy.
* Grey sweater, which came from TK Maxx but which I believe is Tommy Hilfiger [no logos on it or anything though, luckily]. I regretted wearing this today as I was roasting.
*Black footless tights, pretty standard.
* Pink dolly shoes with black lace over the top, from New Look [I don't think these show in the pictures].
* Silver necklace made by some jeweller friends of my mother :)

I had a bad face moment in the first picture...don't you think my new one is quite an improvement? ;)

And now I am off to read my lovely book and listen to Soundgarden, which seems like a perfect way to spend a summer evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment