Friday, June 25, 2010

Horrible humidity

Hello mooks! Antonym here, doing a little fill in post to make up the numbers a bit :) The weather is absolutely boiling and I'm really not a summer person, so I have returned to my gothic roots in an attempt to convince the universe that it is indeed Halloween, so it will BLOODY COOL DOWN.

Now chickies, you may or may not have seen a photo of my mad French hair yet, but here it is in all it's (slightly blurry, a thousand apologies for my dreadful camera) glory. When I first had it cut and then dyed it, my dad came home from the pub, glared at me for an inordinate length of time and then remarked "Well, it may be more corporate but I prefer the pink, I don't like this". Bugger off, old man! I think it's brilliantly weird. For my interview I wore it sleek and straightened, but since then I've just been putting a bit of mousse in it and ruffling it up for a 'loveable street urchin' look. You've got to pick a pocket or two, boys... For special occasions I plan on attacking it with hairspray and then backcombing like mad, which will hopefully make me look like a Victorian lady who has fallen on hard times, gone insane and been carted off to an asylum where they have hacked off her lovely long locks to sell to wig makers, and left her with a bizarre bird's nest. Ahem. Anyway... Back to the outfit...

This is one of my favourite dresses, it's from boohoo and surprisingly comfortable in the summer. Even if it wasn't, I'd still wear it all year round, what can I say - I'm a sucker for black lace. The tights are just sheer black ones from Dorothy Perkins (laddered I'm afraid, hosiery despises me), and my shoes (which you probably can't see very well) are Primark's finest turquoise leopard print slip ons. I'm also wearing my silver ankh necklace, and a bit of eyeliner.

Where did you go in this glorious get up, I hear you ask? A Hungry Horse pub, for a cut-price curry and glass or two of cheap white wine. We're classy here in Berkshire. I ate far too much and felt bloated, then decided to record my discomfort. This is my 'if I eat another bite I am going to explode like Mr Creosote' face. Sexy. At least you can see a bit more of my dress here! Mmm, goffiks. Anyway chapettes and chaps, it's past lunch time so I'm going to go and mix myself up a gin and tonic and play with my new phone a little more (it's dreadfully high tech and gorgeous, and it has a Guitar Hero game on it! No lie! Absolutely bizarre, I love it).


In the words of Charlie Brooker, "That's the end of the show, now go away."

1 comment:

  1. Good Lord you are gorgeous! And the new hair is hot ;)

    ReplyDelete