Thursday, May 6, 2010

6th of May, election day

Today it is cold and grim outside and I am wearing warm toast clothes which definitely do not beget an attractive Annis, so instead I will post some pictures of what I wore last night. My friends Tom and Chris had a gig: they're in a band with two of Tom's brothers, and they're very good indeed: Tom plays drums and Chris sings, and they write their own very sophisticated, Pearl Jam-esque songs. It was a really good gig and a really fun night: we drank lots of Hobgoblin, and they ended with a surprise cover of Killing In The Name, which met with much enthusiasm.
My pictures of my outfit are horribly blurry, for some reason. Perhaps my nickname should be Shaky Hands McGee. But yes, I was wearing:

* Black dress from a lovely clothes shop called Ark, which has lots and lots of highly desirable things which are ALWAYS too expensive for me to afford, so on the odd occasions when I'm browsing and find something affordable it's always cause for celebration. It's a lovely dress because it gives me a waist and makes my collarbones look lovely, but it's a little too short so I'm a little self-conscious about wearing it out. This is the dress which has the back cut into strips, which prompted the bra strap etiquette questions a couple of months ago. So underneath, out of necessity, I was wearing:
* White cami top with green apples all over it. My brother brought it back from Urban Outfitters in America when he went about five years ago...he has surprisingly good taste, it would seem!
* Thick grey leopard print tights, which you can't really see too well here.
* My Urban Outfitters boots, which I wore in my last post, too.
* New necklace from New Look, which I really like.
* Little cloth flower hairclips from the young children's section of Claire's Accessories, haha. I like the bizarre kitsch colour clash they make with my hair

And I had a go at curling my hair, too, which I haven't tried for about a year and which didn't work too well the last time I attempted it. I was pretty pleased with the results this time round :)


It's raining, I'm listening to Melissa Auf Der Maur's new album [which is AMAZING, by the way], and will be wandering off to vote in a little while. Has everyone else who can visited their polling station? You should, my lovelies!

Over and out xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment